Snyder Hall

Gammon Gymnasium, built in 1941, was the first independent athletics building at Hampden-Sydney College. The entry wing facing College Road, containing offices and other amenities, was in the original plan but was not built until 1955. Gammon was joined in 1979 by a new field house.

The gym is heated and air conditioned with auditorium type seating for 500. In addition the gym is acoustically correct and the maple floor has been restored to its former grandeur. Besides being used as an indoor gymnasium for sports teams and students, it also is available for ceremonies, dinners, and other special occasions.