Esther Thomas Atkinson Museum
The building housing the Atkinson Museum was erected as the village post office in 1941. The Museum took over these quarters in 1976. The Esther Thomas Atkinson Museum, a non-profit organization, which operates under the auspices of Hampden-Sydney College, collects, preserves, and interprets objects that enhance the College's educational offerings and promote the history of the College and its role in the history of Virginia and our nation.
It contains 2 galleries which display exhibits throughout the year; the West Gallery permanently displays Hampden-Sydney historical memorabilia and the East Gallery is a changing exhibit space.